Wednesday, August 8, 2012

the Abstract

when you're two and a half, abstract is kind of your go to art form.
or when you're twenty-eight...if you're like me.
so we busted out the acrylics and some canvas and had ourselves a creative old time.

"I need a knife for this paint!" (I may or may not let him watch Bob Ross on occasion...)

and in the end our hands were a little painty, like my friend Jessica's, and we almost felt like real artists.
too bad our art wasn't quite like hers.

but we claim amateur status.
and will have to start making some wall space for our gems.


4 comments:

abby said...

ummmm I love this!!

Sweet Mama K said...

uninhibited art--i love it! can't wait till MG is old enough to do this.

the cuthberts said...

with mamas like both of you, I'm sure your kids art is (or is going to be) AMAZING!

Jessica said...

I love this rach and am flattered! you are such a good mama and a sweet friend :)