Friday, August 24, 2012

ratatouille

over my birthday in 2010, ben and I went to europe. 
and while we were there, we spent time in paris.


 ahhh. let's go back.
while birthday dining at the amazing le coup chou
I tried one of many french cuisine must haves: ratatouille.


it was perfection.  their version had amazing flavors atop a cornbreadish crust. just.lovely.
so when we planted our garden filled with ratatouille ingredients, I began the look for the perfect recipe.


 I read several and combined a couple that (with a little tweaking) 
will definitely be make again.


so in honor of julia child's 100th birthday (last week), and 
using our garden bounty, 
we dined.


2 comments:

abby said...

looks both beautiful and amazing....wish once again we were across the street from one another-I could use a bite and a chat:)

Rachel Jones said...

Yum!! That looks amazing - good work!!!