Saturday, August 11, 2012

london

all good things must come to an end. though I fear the inevitable withdrawal.
but at least I should be getting a little more sleep--now that nbc isn't keeping me up for midnight medal ceremonies.
'cus every fours years, I love me some olympics.

we've been faithful olympic watchers over the past few weeks. faithful. my two year old has been walking around singing that dramatic theme song (you know, the one that ushers in bob costas every evening?)
and we frequently break out in dramatic chants of "U-S-A!"
and on that day of the opening ceremonies? we marched around the house waiving flags and learning the national anthem.

and we've continued to sing it almost daily.

on the off chance I didn't have full view of the tv, I could always count on Jonah to be another set of eyes:
"Mom! water soccer is on!" (water polo)
"Mom! basketball won a gold medal."

I couldn't pick a favorite moment if I tried.

it's been a good one. we've laughed, we've cried, we've neglected educated our children.
see you in Rio!


our attempt at olympic rings




1 comment:

Alexis said...

Alright ... I almost re posted. "Land of the freeeeeee" had me almost on the floor...! What a little ham!!! :)