Wednesday, August 1, 2012

ten

if you're a mom whose husband travels a lot for work, or especially a military mom/wife...
you're a better woman than I am.

remember the ten days of dad/husbandless-ness we had earlier this month? that many bedtimes--all by myself--makes me tired just thinking about it. so packed up and headed to my in-laws.

and with three aunts, one grandma, and a grandpa? it turned out to be a good situation for all involved.

during the week I also got spend a day visiting some of my favorite people in the world (which I have no photo documentation of) and lay by the pool watch it rain. (had I known all it would take to get a little rain around these parts was to plan to lay out, I could have put that into my summer long ago...).



we also loved a morning at the beach with new friends (even the deer were feeling the drought),


watched a couple great sunsets,




sewed pillows in Jessie's Pillow Sweatshop,


played 'minute to win it' games,



found a couple days of sunshine to enjoy the pool,


 "This is the most I've been in the pool in 10 years!" -grandpa



paid some bills,


had relaxing mornings,


and hung out with aunties,


ten days was a long time...but spending it this way really wasn't all that rough.


1 comment:

Rachel Jones said...

Love it - great pics and love the pillows - wow!
And so so great to see you!! :)