Monday, August 13, 2012

silver lining

my sweet friend kendal was in town last week, and though ever so briefly and for a sad occasion (her grandpa's funeral), it was wonderful to see her.

that meant friday during the funeral was a big o' party here--with tess, ken's nephew gideon, and my two munchkins (we missed you graham!).

jonah loved having "friends" over and loved being in charge even more. there was a moment of weakness (did I tell you we're paci free here? we put them in a baggy and mailed them to The Babies). but when two new faces showed up--paci's in tow--I got a scowl and a:

"The babies have my pacis."

but we bounced back quickly once we realized we had an even larger audience and could start bossing.

"we don't touch the shades."
"we don't throw those balls."
"we don't hit."

and so on.




tess found the one girly thing in the toy box. mardi gras beads.


sweet tess and thatcher. about 6 months apart (tess being the more mature)--yet thatcher weighs about 5 more pounds. tess is such a sweet little peanut! ken and I always laugh at the size difference of our kids. I couldn't help myself with the photos... and 1) wouldn't these look fabulous in a wedding video?--just sayin'...2) I totally didn't mean to put that shirt on T.






3 comments:

Rachel Jones said...

oh my word - too cute!! Wish we could have been there to have the kiddos together. so fun seeing them all playing together. awww, the trooplets :) love.

wolgie wranglers said...

such a sweet post. loved seeing the pics. I am totally up for a wedding:) And you were such a blessing to us that day! thanks again

Diane said...

I can't wait for the bossing tomorrow. Because Jack will most definitely want to touch the shades, throw the balls, and will probably hit despite my best efforts to break him of that habit :-) See you in the morning.