Wednesday, April 9, 2014

backyard boys.

the last couple of days have been so needed. we've been out basking in the sun before it hits 50 degrees and it feels almost tropical. most meals have been on the plastic picnic table and I think I'm realizing how cooped up we really were all winter.

and everyone can put on their own shoes/boots--no thirty minute bundling required.

the huge downed tree limb left over from the pre-Christmas ice storm has finally shown itself and (until the preacher delightfully took a chainsaw to it tonight) Jonah was climbing his little heart out. maybe a little too high? and all I was picturing were broken arms.

my dad sent me this --so I kept letting him climb.
and this morning I let both boys run around the back yard with sharp wooden debris (and am happy to report we have since made it through one more day without an impaling).

so long as grandpa doesn't mind the frequent, "does this require stitches?" facetime calls, I guess I'll try not be too overprotective.

because, as the case may be, "after lunch, thatcher and I are going to do a couple more unsafe things."

greeeat.






1 comment:

Rachel Jones said...

haha. love it! so fun & so thankful for a few sunny days!!