Friday, January 4, 2013

christmas eve

we lit the advent candle at our christmas eve service. which went better than expected (things usually do. except things like airplane flights with toddlers...then they go about as poorly as I anticipate. more on that in the coming days). Anyhoo...Christmas Eve service...I was anticipating meltdowns, microphone grabbing, not enough hands to hold the kids/paper/microphone/propane lighter, and maybe burning the church down---but it actually went quite smoothly.

then we did homemade pizza (and mcdonalds--christmasy, I know), a christmas movie, new pjs, the advent book.

all complete with a dusting of snow.

I love Christmas eve.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I didn't realize you guys did the advent wreath at the 5 o'clock service. Jack definitely made a move for the microphone just as I was wrapping up the prayer. Hopefully most people had their eyes closed and missed it ;-)