Friday, June 1, 2012

of our week

it's almost started...the craziness of our summer. all good things (lots 'o weddings, showers, graduations, bachelor parties, reunions, vacations, etc...) but still, busy.

but today it's rainy, and chilly, and the boys and I all slept in until 9am....(the chances of all of us doing that on the same day are very so minimal...).

so we're drinking lots of coffee and playing lots of legos and watching lots of mickey mouse, and since ben has a bachelor party tonight (you know, the wild kind that a bunch of pastors have--they're meeting at the church) I may pack the boys up for an outing to jimmy johns for dinner--crazy, I know.

memorial day weekend was pretty relaxing (intentionally). we had friends for dinner one night, some mornings on the porch with coffee and donuts, paraded in the grand town of williamston, and cleaned like mad, paid bills, and generally got life in order so that we can hit the ground running--starting tomorrow.

oh, and we had a baby shower for my friend, shannon. a surprise one, to help her celebrate #5. because, well, if I ever have five (don't hold your breath) I'd like some updating in the baby paraphernalia department. but regardless of the kid count, I wouldn't mind adding these to the wardrobe.

and did I mention that my peonies have bloomed?!




2 comments:

Diane said...

Diane: So what are you guys doing for the bachelor party?
Jeff: Meeting at the church for pizza and then going to play lazer tag and glow golf.
Diane: Sounds more like a 10 year old's birthday party.

wolgie wranglers said...

Thatcher is getting so big! What a cutie...and he definitely is your dutch boy:)