Sunday, January 15, 2012

happy birthday grandma!

We celebrated a special birthday for a special grandma a couple days ago. And what better way to celebrate than making her watch the boys (kidding. kind of. I mean, she did watch the boys, but...I think she wanted to??), taking her out to dinner, and having an ice cream cake.

back up to the night before:
Jonah and I went to DQ to get an ice cream cake (um...yum) and then promptly came home and threw it down the stairs while I tumbled after it (um...ow). Bruises still working their way to the surface--I'll let you know what the damage looks like. Thankfully, no broken bones (and very thankful it was just the cake and not one of my children...in the moments after the ordeal, I was very distraught at a perfectly good cake upside-down on the basement floor, and then I was very, very distraught at the thought that I could have fallen down holding one of the boys. To which Ben reminded me---You didn't. Yes, but still worth a little freak out, right?).

So what would you do if you were in this situation? I hope you'd cut off the top off, stick the candles in, and eat the mess of a cake...like we did. (Don't worry, Grandma was okay with it...at least, I think so??) It maybe didn't look the best--but it still tasted just. wonderful.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

wolgie wranglers said...

hahaha! oh rach that really made me laugh..I love how you write