Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snow-torious B.I.G.

Or so the news anchor said last night--punny, no? But we are successfully hunkered down (though Ben is convinced the word blizzard might be a bit overkill for the current weather situation). I slept in while my early boys enjoyed the "snowmentum" of the storm (again, punny.) Because, why would you sleep in when you had the day off? (last sentence thickly laced with sarcasm...my husband and I are very different in the morning vs. night debate. I think I come by it rightly, though, call my grandma sometime at 1am--I bet she'll still be up...)
Regardless, we're home and cozy and treating ourselves to a little of this:



And this:


And this:


And this:

And the mailman (whose vehicle is currently being pulled out of a snow drift by another truck--kid.you.not.) just dropped off a new Anthropologie and West Elm catalog (and isn't looking at them on paper just better?). Brilliant.

5 comments:

the barretts said...

All sounds so very delightful....soak up time with the boys. :)

Diane said...

Jealous of your fireplace. But Jeff and I had coffee and breakfast together while watching the news this morning and it was delightful. And I may still be in my pajamas. Yay for snow days!

Retromommy said...

Don't you love it when you can get a whole post up the day it happens instead of three days later!? I used to blog, but haven't in quite awhile. Might go back to it soon now that life seems a little more manageable. Oh and Diane, I may or may not still be in my pjs as well. :)BTW...this is Sarah Luce. I see it just lists me as my blog name. Not sure how to change that...

Jessica said...

I LOVE SNOW DAYS!! Wish I could've been at your place with the fire though. Miss you all so much.

wolgie wranglers said...

So fun! I wish E could have joined me as we stayed in...a downfall of working at home!