Tuesday, June 18, 2013

up north

two weekends in a row we voyaged to the beautiful fingertips of the mitten (and I've come to really appreciate the diverse beauty of this state--I'm also married to a sentimental who hushes us every time Tim Allen's voice over takes us on a journey through pure michigan).

but really, we love it. and we loved being able to travel "up north" for 1) the bayshore half marathon 2) time with family and a wedding.


weekend one (more like 24 hours) was spent in traverse city where ben and I ran the bayshore half marathon. it was SO gorgeous, awesome weather, and we both set PRs. the morning started early (4:45am) and cold (37*) and I spent forever trying to decide what amount of clothing to wear and where to pin my number so I wouldn't be too hot/cold. I ended up going with the reverse halter (see below) and it worked out perfectly...


weekend two was spent lakeside in glen arbor and then in traverse at my cousin's wedding. I think the pictures pretty much sum it up...



the beginning of the kayak adventure--all 3 minutes of it...


"nonuts. soo good." so good that I think I'll take a bite out of each one and then call it good.









3 comments:

Rachel Jones said...

WOW! it looks awesome there - beautiful pics!

wolgie wranglers said...

love the pic of the boys on the couch--too sweet. And a great fam pic!

Nicole said...

WOW! Gorgeous skies. Gorgeous people. Life is such a treasure, right?!

Happy Wednesday, friend!
xo