Wednesday, November 21, 2012

12 months


so I guess I was a bit mistaken when I said this would be the last birthday related post regarding the boys. because, well, this will be (I think?). but it's my blog so....

a walk down memory lane, shall we?



post birthday was met with a serious spell'o sickness. pinkeye, ear infection, some croupy nastiness, and six new teeth. all at the same time. lovely. (once these pearly whites are in, though, there are only 4 more until elementary school--uffda). <--- oh, I'm part scandinavian. I can say that...

your forever laid back and go with the flow personality has been a little challenged by the onslaught of ailments, but we're hoping it shall return?? (I'm not superstitious, but I believe I'm going to cross my fingers just in case).

you have found your independence permanently, however, and if you want/don't want to do something--we'll know about it.
want: to play downstairs, climb stairs, play with phones/remotes, drink out of anyones drink but your own, read books, throw balls, take baths, be outside, play in the dishwasher and toilet.
don't want: to have your diaper changed, face wiped, set down if you want to be carried, be picked up if you want to walk/crawl, have drops put in your eyes---did I mention you've had pinkeye--and be told you can't play in the dishwasher and toilet.

lately, it seems, life to you is just one more page to be ripped, bookshelf to be cleared, stainless steel appliance to be dented, or some poor persons eye to be poked out. all done while saying "no, no, no" and flashing a mischievous smile my direction.

but you're also a lover--lots of hugs and kisses and climbing all over whomever (Jonah) is near.
what a year, thatcher. we love you so very much.



No comments: