Friday, July 29, 2011

the great nighttime debacle

I'm not a superstitious, don't believe in getting 'jinxed', really, none of that. But given the "I'm so thankful Jonah goes to bed so easily" I gave Ben last night around 9pm, one must think that the subsequent events were....ironic?

The thunderstorm that landed on top of our house at about 1:15am proved a couple things. Jonah doesn't like 1) thunder {understandable} and 2) the dark {power outage}. So, after putting the terrified little stinker in between us in bed, the next several hours are a big blur of getting my eyes poked, having a hot little body lay right on top of me, rocking a 21month old who only wanted to read "books!", listening to the aforementioned 21month old scream from his bed, Ben sleeping on the floor next to Jonah's bed, then Jonah and Ben "sleeping" on the floor next to Jonah's bed, then more crying from bed, and more eye poking, and whining, and flipping oneself out of his bed and opening his door, and finally (at appox. 4:55am--but who's keeping track) sweet sleep. Was it foolish of me to think he may sleep in? Probably. Because at exactly 8am (like every other normal morning) he was up. and ready to go.
So, while (I hope) you've gathered some humor from my night, I will be laughing after we've had naptime--a long one....

knock on wood?

No comments: